Expression of Interest
Dear members and well-wishers of India Fest, Festivals are about celebration, the gathering of people to revel in arts, culture, food and community. They seamlessly transform a known place into an exciting festival space. Since 2014 Australian Indian Festival India Fest has attempted to create that transformation. Presented across a whole day the Festival maps a multi celebration offering the local Australian Indian community of Townsville a platform from which they can artistically and culturally express themselves. India Fest 2019 is scheduled for Saturday the 31st of August 2019 from 10:00-21:00. The 2019 theme will once again celebrate the peoples and places of India amalgamated with Australian flavor. The Festival is designed to embrace all that is Indian within Australia and invites audiences to look at their region differently; to tell their story through an immersive festival experience. It encourages connections to the environment, challenges artists, community groups and organisations to engage with local industries to connect through process and practice. We have secured the support of the State Government. As in the past we are expecting the naming sponsorship of Adani mining and the support of the Townsville city council. With your support we are confident that we will be able to showcase a very vibrant and entertaining event packed with variety of cultural programs and workshops. There will be many workshops including cooking, yoga and music. There will also be plenty of games for children including some challenging rides and activities. This year we expect that the event is going to be bigger and better than the previous years. Professional interstate and local talented performers will make this event colorful and enjoyable. HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT Making the event a success is a collective responsibility of the whole Indian community and we hope that all of you will want to take a role in this mega event. Expression of Interests are open now and will close on the 15th of April 2019. We would like to invite you to please let us know if you might be interested in any of the following:
- Perform or Organize a cultural event
- Participate in the Fashion show
- Choreograph a program or fashion show (briefly describe the theme and costume)
- Master of Ceremonies -we are looking for both males and females from different age groups. High School are encouraged to apply too as we look to mentor them.
- Volunteers on the 30th & 31st of August and 1st of September
- Food stalls
- Cookery show
- General stalls
- Cultural stalls
- The dances could be Classical, Semi classical or Bollywood. If you choose to perform any folk item, please ensure costumes, music and entertainment are of an exceptional standard and which is easy to relate by both the Indian and non-Indian audience.
- In order to schedule the program and allocate into various groups, or times, we will request to exhibit the item before the committee. This date will be informed at a later stage.
- Variety is an essence of Indian culture and we would prefer to have more regional representation ensuring we showcase as much variety as possible in the limited time we have.