Expression of Interest
Dear members of the Indian Community and well-wishers of India Fest,
India Fest Townsville Inc. (IFT) is a non-profitable, non-religious, non-regional and non-political organization operating under the motto of “Celebrate the Indian ethnic and cultural values, and integrate into the multicultural local community”. IFT is a forum to bring all Indians together in Townsville and showcase our culture, food, fashion, and heritage to the local Townsville community. With a humble start the India Fest has grown into the biggest single day cultural event. India Fest Townsville is very thankful to each and every one of you in making our event such a great success.As you are aware that India Fest 2017 is scheduled to be on Saturday 7th October 2017 from 10:00-21:00. WE have secured the support of the State Government. As in the past we are expecting the naming sponsorship of Adani mining and the support of the Townsville city council. With your support we are confident that we will be able to showcase a very vibrant and entertaining event packed with variety of cultural programs and workshops. There will be many workshops including cooking, yoga and music. There will be plenty of games for children including some challenging rides and activities. This year we expect that the event is going to be bigger and better than the previous years with local talented performers. Making the event a success is a collective responsibility of the whole Indian community and we hope that all of you will want to take a role in this mega event. Please let us know by the 2nd of June 2017 if you would like to be involved in any of the following :
- Perform or Organize a cultural event
- Participate in the Fashion show
- Choreograph a program or fashion show
- Master of Ceremonies -we are looking for both males and females from different age groups. High School are encouraged to apply too as we look to mentor them.
- Volunteers on 6 and or 7 and or 8 October.
- Food stalls
- Cookery show
- General stalls
- Cultural stalls
- And if you have any other ideas to showcase Indian cultural values, you are most welcome to discuss with commentate members
Those who are interested in cultural events, please note the following:
The stage shows could be solo or group – however we would prefer groups so that we are able to maximize the people getting an opportunity to perform on stage.
- The dances could be Classical, Semi classical or Bollywood. If you choose to perform any folk item, please ensure costumes, music and entertainment are of an exceptional standard and which is easy to relate by both the Indian and non-Indian audience.
- In order to schedule the program and allocate into various groups, or times, we will request to exhibit the item before the committee. We will inform the date later.
- Variety is an essence of Indian culture and we would prefer to have more regional representation ensuring we showcase as much variety as possible in the limited time we have.
We request you to please complete the attached form to submit an expression of interest. For food and general stalls we will send a detailed form once we receive the initial expression of interest. Please email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.orgOn behalf of the India Fest Townsville 2017organizing committee I request your presence on Saturday 7th October at Riverway stadium, Kirwan. Also we would highly appreciate if you are able to circulate this invitation amongst your family, friends and to your community groups in large. The whole idea of India Fest is unity in diversity, and we hope this event reflects this philosophy. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the committee members.
India Fest Townsville is the pride of every Indians in Townsville and please be part of it.
Sincerely Yours,Chakri Macha, IFT President Biju Akkamparambil, IFT Secretary